Saturday, October 10, 2009

Villa Volpi

I've been back for months, and Italy seems like years ago, but I can't get the last few days of the trip out of my head. After biking in Lucca we went to our accommodations. A dreamy villa in the hills and vineyards. Was it for real? It was.






There weren't a lot of people staying in "our" villa, but two guests were a French man and his daughter. I'm pretty sure that little girl melted my heart. She only spoke French, so I had no clue, but I my powers of observation showed me she was reading Pinocchio. sigh.



From the pool, amongst olive trees, there was a divine view. I kept staring at this church in the distance. There were churches everywhere, but this one just looked like a storybook. We trespassed later that night, around dusk, and enjoyed a quiet moon rising.











No comments:

Post a Comment